Organization: Refugee Education Trust
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 22 Jan 2015
TOR Finance and Administration Officer (FAO)
RET in the Democratic Republic of Congo (D.R.C) is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Finance and Administration Manager. She/he will be responsible to oversee and coordinate the financial, administrative, logistics and Human Resources functions of RET Programme in D.R.C. She/he will play a crucial role in providing high quality financial management information necessary to support an effective humanitarian operation. Specific responsibilities include; assessment of financial needs and cash flow requirements, financial planning, contract management, national payroll and financial reporting. In addition, she/he will need to identify and resolve any financial management matters which may arise as well as monitor expenses and cash flow. She/he will also ensure that the Regional office as well as HQ are properly informed at all times and that records are kept in accordance with the RET’s Field Finance Manual (FFM) and Generally Accepted Accounting Procedure (GAAP).
1. Functional Title: Finance and Administration Manager.
2. Status: Full time
3. Organizational Relationship:
Reporting to: Chief of Mission
Coordinating: RET Finance and Admin team in Uvira.
5. Duties and Responsibilities
Budgeting and Cash Management:
- Assist the Chief of Mission and other Programme Officers in the drafting and development of project proposals and coordinate the preparation of in accordance with RET and donors requirements.
- Supervise programmes’ budgets follow up using relevant reports to identify relevant / expected implementation discrepancies and ensure these are relayed to the Chief of Mission rapidly.
- Ensure that there are enough funds available in the country to execute the activities by supervising the relevant reports and transactions (cash reconciliations, funds requests, etc).
- Advice the Chief of Mission on the overall relationship and transactions with the financial institutions.
- Advice the Chief of Mission on the budget follow-up and be responsible of the accurate expenditure of the budget.
Accounting and Reporting:
- Ensure that the expenses executed by RET are allocated to the relevant programme correctly and in line with the RET’s Field Finance Manual. She/he will also ensure that any specific donor requirements are adhered to during the execution of the budget.
- Ensure there is written justification in case of incompatibility between RET’s manual and any other Law or Regulation. This should be supported with external documentation: copy of regulations, reputed third parties reports, etc. These issues will be discussed with Chief of Mission in advance.
- Ensure proper accounting of all programme’s transactions using the relevant RET tools.
- Ensure proper preparation of Financial reports, list of expenses, bank accounts reconciliations, etc. in accordance with RET requirements and applicable tools.
- Submit monthly financial reports and send the relevant SAGA report and scanned supporting documents in accordance with RET requirements to the Chief of Mission.
- Manage overall relationship with local reviewers/auditors and other relevant authorities.
- Manage and arrange the needed permits and ensure the legal status of RET expatriates in D.R.C is in adherence to with the relevant authorities.
- Supervise the overall logistics, purchases, equipment procurement, IT services and maintenance.
- Ensure systematic filing/documentation of office.
- Conduct field travel as necessary to review field procedures and assist managers in their needs.
Coordination and overall management of local partners:
- Overview of the performance of local partners, ensuring the effective and transparent use of funds.
- Supervise and support the partner’s team on the preparation of budgets, fund requests and follow up on the settlements of funds transferred. Human Resources Management
- Prepare employment contracts, end of contracts; arrange insurance/medical check-up for all staff.
- Ensure proper registration of staff attendance/ maintain RET leave record and balances for all staff.
- Prepare staff payroll and ensure it is accurate and paid on time.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintaining of a harmonious working environment; seek to strengthen team-building by encouraging active participation and interaction at all levels.
- Prepare and participate in the carrying out of any recruitment process for RET staff whenever required, advice and brief the Chief of Mission on different types of contracting modalities, HR policies and benefits.
- Advice RET Chief of Mission on HR policies in accordance with law and general practices in D.R.C.
- Attend any meeting related to his/her areas of responsibility.
- Provide recommendations to the Chief of Mission on Financial, Administrative or Management procedures.
- Manage the Admin / Finance team and make sure they complement each other assigning them task accordingly and adapting their duties when there is high/low volume of administrative work.
- Advice RET Chief of Mission on any regulations that may have an impact on RET programmes and/or policies.
- Take necessary steps to ensure that all financial data is adequately and safely backed up.
- Perform any other work related duties as required.
6. Post-Specific Qualifications:
· Holding at Bachelor degree in finance or business management.
. Holder of recognised Professional accounting qualification, ACCA, C.A or equivalent.
· A minimum of 6 years of relevant working experience in the area finance and administration.
· A minimum of 2 years in a senior position as a Finance Officer or Accountant for an INGO.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Have proven skill in French and English.
· Good computer skills, especially good management of Office Package.
· Good organisational, problem-solving and management skills.
. Experience in proposal preparation desirable, budget execution skills mandatory.
. Experience in strategic and programme planning processes.
. Proven numeracy and financial analysis / planning skills.
. Ability to use financial system to track accounting activity is required, knowledge of SAGA preferred.
How to apply:
Please send your CV, Cover Letter, and relevant certificates to: RETDRCFAO@gmail.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline of application: 22nd of January 2015.
Powered by WPeMatico